Flying Colors - Quilt Pattern
Flying Colors - Quilt Pattern
Flying Colours is a beautiful take on the Rainbow Jewel pattern. This is the quilt pattern to use up those layer cakes and scrap packs. You get to play with a whole rainbow of colours, and if you don't have the right shade you could create a swap with some quilting buddies!
It is a simple single bed quilt that can be made with blocks forming areas of complimentary colors, or just use two fabrics the choice is yours.
Easy to follow directions and great diagrams make this pattern a treat to use.
Lorraine has included instructions on how to make a two color ‘reversible’ binding. Lorraine Cocker is a talented quilter and experienced teacher and this quilt shows her love of simply executed elegance.
With our downloadable patterns – there’s no waiting around at the mailbox, simply download the pdf, print, and create.
What we love about it:
This is such a fun quilt pattern with two very important bonuses: it’s a fantastic scrap buster and so easy to cut for those that have an Accuquilt.
What you need to know about this quilt pattern:
- Technique: pieced with a colorflow layout
- Skill level: Beginner - Intermediate –totally do-able for the patient beginner and complex enough for the more advanced quilter!
Size: The pattern is for a Single bed size 61” x 85” [154 x 231cms] it has 96 blocks which are 6" finished.
- Without borders it measures 48 1/2" x 72 1/2"
- If you wanted a smaller quilt you could make the pattern in a 4 repeat star, instead of a 6 repeat star. This would make the quilt approximately 48 1/2 " square (without borders), or of course you could make the quilt bigger with 9 repeats of the star making it approximately72 1/2" square (without borders).
See... beautiful and versatile !
- Fabric requirements: One of our best scrap busters, but also perfect for special collections Moda grunge or Tula’s basics
- Instructions: Clear and easy to follow. All 2SewTextiles pdf patterns have both imperial and metric measurements
- Gift ideas: Suitable for grand kids, grandparents and everyone in between!
All about the designer: Lorraine Cocker is a prize-winning Australian pattern designer and teacher. With many years’ experience teaching and entering quilt shows, her knowledge makes her patterns a delight to understand
Have you seen Lorraine Cockers Antique Tea Roses pattern? Another great companion quilt! A Romantic match made in heaven.
What are you waiting for? Bring back some of the best bits of childhood with this Color fun and friendly quilt today. You won't regret buying this pattern.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of our great range of downloadable quilt patterns for sale.
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact us for more information.
If you would rather have a paper printed version of this pattern just email us on TwoSewTextiles@yahoo.com.au and we can organize it for you.
Low Cost Shipping
We try to keep our shipping low!
Free shipping on Australian orders over $180
Free shipping on International orders over $200
Guarantee of Quality
We love this product and think you will too!
Let us know if there is anything we can help you with.