Workshop in a Box - Host Tutor timetable
WEEK 1 - MAKERS START LEARNING
The boxes will be sent out in the 1st week of your month.
- During this week, we will upload, the teaching videos you provided
WEEK 2 - MAKERS START MAKING
- The boxes arrive
- Your course video or FB live will be uploaded in the beginning of the 1st week, so makers will have watched while they wait for their arrival.
WEEK 3 - ZOOM / FB LIVE 'Meet the Tutor'
- Let's arrange a time that suits you when the time gets closer.
- This is not a learning 'live' but could be a studio tour, a walk around your farm, a close-up look at your work or a casual Q&A. The choice is yours...
WEEK 4 - ZOOM LIVE 'Casual chat' with the makers...
- Informal gathering and casual chat with the makers... Tutor is not required to attend.
- We say good bye to the tutor.
WEEKS 1 - 8 - YOUR FB HOSTING DUTIES
- From day 1 of your month, we encourage you to visit the FB group and endeavour to foster a familiarity between yourself & the makers.
- Hosts are required to encompass a 'community' feel and help the makers feel special by positive feedback.
- 2 Sew will manage the FB group. You are there to offer help, advice, feedback and give high fives and pats on the back.
- Please pop in and check on us for 2 months (your hosting month and the following).. and of course.. stay as long as you like.
Do I have to provide instructions for the suggested maker project?
- That depends, if you have them to hand... great.
- Otherwise we will have some standard pattern instructions available for things like:
- Journal cover, Table runner, gift cards, postcards, cushion, wall hoop, fortune cookie purse etc.
- Let us know if you want us to take care of this for you.
How much will tutors get paid for hosting a month?
- Let's discuss that further and come up with a mutually beneficial arrangement.
- this is usually a flat rate, based on participant numbers. (note: there will be a minimum number of participants. Any extra kits will be made available and sold independently of the subscription members.
- Please provide me with an invoice and payment method details. Invoices will be paid the month after you host.
- Amount agreed must include all taxes and conversions.
Are the tutors required to fill a workshop?
- No - 2 Sew Textiles will do that, although, it always helps when a tutor promotes as well
Are there any restrictions in working with 2 Sew's Workshop in a Box?
- we require you to keep our information and discussions private & ask that you do not work with another Australasian subscription kit based learning environment for a period of 2 years.
- Don't worry... currently we are the ONLY system of this kind for Textile art, art quilting and fibre art.
I have more questions :
No problem, just send me an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org